One of the worst situations to encounter while gaming is in-game lag. That’s why a good gaming router can mean the difference between scoring that successful kill or being on the receiving an of a headshot you can’t avoid.
Benefits of a Gaming Router
Modern games are getting larger with each generation. Considering that some of the latest Call of Duty titles can demand upwards of 100GB of data on your PC, depending on your machine’s settings. Combined with the fact that these games require you to participate on massive multiplayer maps, the importance of a good, stable, and fast Wi-Fi connection becomes more apparent.
What does a gaming router actually do? These routers are usually far more complex than your standard routers, which simply connect devices to a network. Gaming routers prioritize and optimize the internet traffic in your home to make it more efficient and therefore increase your connection speed in the process. That’s why gaming routers can be beneficial for homes with several power users who are fighting over bandwidth on their high-traffic devices.
Faster Connection Speeds and Response
When using a gaming router, due to its ability to handle more data and at a faster speed, it directly impacts your gaming experience by being able to give you the best visual and aural accuracy. This is most evident when sharing the connection with another user in the same household. Gaming routers have higher volumes of traffic, and this will cut down on the disruptions when your family or roommates are using high-traffic devices at the same time.
Reduced Data Loss
Gaming routers can quickly sort out internet traffic to ensure it flows smoothly along the fastest gateways. This cuts down substantially on data loss which is often the cause of in-game latency. A normal router would usually mix the data packets it receives, which causes more degradation.
tp-link Archer AX11000
The Archer AX11000 offered by tp-link comes with the following features…
- The Fastest Gaming Router – AX11000 speed machine that delivers Wi-Fi Speeds Over 10 Gbps: 4804 Mbps (5 GHz Gaming) + 4804 Mbps (5 GHz) + 1148 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Game Accelerator – Detect and optimize gaming streams, to ensure your gaming stays immersive
- Game Protector – Keep your accounts and documents safe with Homecare™ security system powered by Trend Micro™.
- Game Statistics – Real-time latency, game duration and network resource allocation in a glance with fine-tuned UI.
- Ultra Connectivity – 2.5 Gbps WAN port and eight Gigabit LAN ports, 2 USB 3.0 in Type A and Type C provide extensive connectivity.
- Powerful Processing – 1.8 GHz Quad-Core CPU and 3 coprocessors ensure your network performance always at peak run.
- Highly Efficient – OFDMA increases the avg. throughput and reduces the lag.
- Easy and Smart – Link to your router via Bluetooth and set it up in minutes with the powerful Tether app.
Contact tp-link today and get ahead of the game!